We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Members, Partners, Sponsors and other connected parties.
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our Members, Partners, Sponsors and other connected parties; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Coldwire films. For more information about us, see Section 12.
The Drivers Union is a Supercar Owners Club based primarily in the United Kingdom and its website is at http://www.www.hornylondon.com.
Our registration number with the ICO under the Data Protection Act is ZA600177
2. Submitting your personal data
To apply for membership to the Drivers Union, every individual is required to fill out an online application form on the Drivers Union website.
Our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which means that your connection to the website is secure and that it encrypts the information you submit to our web server. An SSL website can be recognized with the “s” in the “http” part of a websites URL.
The personal information asked in the online application form includes:
- First & last name
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Your Instagram page (optional)
- Your vehicle make, model & registration number
3. How we use your personal data
- To determine your eligibility to join the Drivers Union
- Provide, promote, improve our Services to you
- For record keeping purposes
- To tailor & personalise any communications that we send to you
- To invite you to enter prize draws & competitions
4. How we may share information
Your data is not sold or given to any third party except in the following circumstances:
On occasion we may be invited to an event organised by a third party who may require the names and contact details of Members who will be attending in which case:
- We will inform you in advance that your name, email/telephone will be forwarded to the organiser.
- We will not forward any of your contact details unless you have agreed for us to do so.
- We only forward your telephone number if it is absolutely necessary
In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
5. Data for Marketing purposes
We may use general membership data for marketing purposes such as the number of members in the Club, the amount of Ferrari, Lamborghini (etc) members. No data which may identify a Member will be made public or given to third parties.
6. Security of your Data
The only person who has access to your data is our Data Protection Officer, My Syeed Ali. The data is stored on a single computerwith the appropriate security in place.
7. Third party email services
We use www.mailchimp.com to send emails to our members. This service allows us to send out bulk emails and to insert a member’s membership number within the email as a reminder.
The information we forward to MailChimp to facilitate the sending of emails to you includes:
- Your first & last name
- Your email address
- Your membership number
- Make & model of your primary car
8. Photos on Social media
Photo’s taken of Members and/or their cars may be shown on the Clubs social media channels which include but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube as well as Club literature and email newsletters.
9. Unsubscribing from our Club Newsletters
Unsubscribing from our Club newsletter will result in your membership to the Club being terminated and your data being removed from our records.
10. Texts to your phone
We may on occassion send you an SMS text message via mobile phone. This may occur in circumstances such as, but not limited to:
- Emergency contact
- To notify you of cancellation of an event that you were to attend
- A warning that your membership is about to expire
11. Retaining and deleting personal data
You data will be retained for 30 days after your membership expires, after which it will be deleted.
12. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Act you have the following rights:
- the right to access - you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- the right to rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data
- the right to erasure - you can ask us to erase your personal data
- the right to restrict processing - you can ask use to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to processing - you can object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability - you can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organisation or to you;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority - you can complain about our processing of your personal data;
- the right to withdraw consent - to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us, using the contact details set out below.
13. About cookies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
14. Cookies that we use
15. Our details
This website and the drivers Union Club is owned and operated by Coldwire Films Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 08237274, and our registered office is at 792 Wickham Road, Croydon, CR0 8EA. Our principal place of business is at Church Road Studios, 56-62 Church Road, London E12 6AF.
You can contact us:
(a) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, using the telephone number in our Club Newsletters
16. Data protection officer